Our GDPR Policy
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European Union “Regulation” which serves to protect the personal data of anyone in the EU and must be complied with.
The complete GDPR policy is 156 pages long and so we have produced a Parish Data Protection policy, which outlines the general GDPR principles relevant to our Parish policy.
This policy ensures the Parish:
• Complies with data protection law and follows good practice
• Protects the rights of members
• Is open about how it stores and processes members data
• Protects itself from the risks of a data breach Access to data
• The only people able to directly access data covered by this policy are those authorised by the Select Vestry.
The spirit of the GDPR focuses on protecting the individual.
It details how personal information will be gathered, stored and managed in line with data protection principles and the General Data Protection Regulation.
To ensure that we remain compliant it will be reviewed on an ongoing basis by Select Vestry members.